Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Associated Content

I will be going through my exploration into making money online. First, an individual introduction of each type...

Associated Content is an interesting one. As far as I can tell, it works this way: you write an article for them, on their topic or one of your own, and it can be an article, a slideshow, a video, or audio. They look at it, then put it up, with targeted ads, on their site that's already well-established with the search engines. They get paid by people coming by to look at your content and click through the ads or just by the volume of visits. You get paid by the number of people who come by - starting at $1.50 per thousand hits.

I've got five articles up, and have had 91 visitors, netting 14 cents so far. I produced 5 articles because, as a part of signing up, they offer you $10 if you get 5 articles up in your first month there. I'll find out at the end of January if that's real, or if they have caveats and legalese to get around it...

The pay isn't much, at least at first, but you don't have to work on Search Engine Optimization or building traffic. Although SEO skills in your article certainly will help... I'll put up more on SEO later. For now, the goal is to put up a specific article, with specific keywords, and hope to draw attention. The site itself has some suggestions on how to do this, so at the very least, you'll earn enough to cover your time and learn something of what to do with your other internet income streams, or I-streams as I'm now going to call them...

Oh, one possible negative: they suggest you send an email to all your friends, post on your Facebook or other sites, and generally want you to do some advertising for them. I guess it depends on how you feel about the content you've written, and on 'working' contacts...

Review: there isn't a lot of money up front, but $10 to start and the chance to learn and hone your skills makes this an interesting start. You can go in fits and spurts around keeping more stable ones in place.

Of course I'll post more as I make up my mind about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment